Investment management is critical to your success but financial planning is at the core of the services Ridgeview Financial Planning offers. It's a cliche, but you wouldn't begin a long journey without a map, right? So it only makes sense that I'll work with you to develop an understanding of your goals before I make investment recommendations. This way a collection of investments becomes a portfolio where each investment has its place and all are working together to achieve your goals.
I can work with you by assessing a percentage fee based on the assets I'd be managing for you or by hourly fee. If an ongoing percentage is the best fit for you, then I'll fully explain how that works. If hourly is best, then I'll provide you with a quote in advance. I can help guide you to which might be best. Either way the fee will be transparent.
The recommendations provided to you will be in writing and I'll go over everything with you. You'll receive clear, actionable advice, that could cover single topics like "When should I take Social Security?" or "How can I convert my IRA balances to a Roth?" Or we could work on a full financial plan spanning your entire financial situation, from retirement planning, investment planning, to insurance and estate planning.
Here are the essential steps followed with every client:
- Get Acquainted Meeting - This is complimentary and typically takes 20-30 minutes. We talk about your what you're trying to accomplish, my value proposition, and we'll define how we'll work together.
- Then I'll gather information about you (account statements, recent tax returns, retirement plans at work, social security statements, etc).
- Next we talk about your financial goals, both short-term and long-term, and about what's important to you when it comes to your assets.
- I then analyze the data you've provided, ask follow up questions, and prepare recommendations for you.
- Next I meet with you to present my recommendations, discuss implementation, and talk about who is accountable for which parts of the plan.
- Then I create a plan for monitoring your plan and investments. If we're working together on an ongoing percentage basis, then I'll handle everything. If we're working together on an hourly basis, then I'll come up with an appropriate review schedule.